The coach and two players from the Olympique Lyonnais women's team have been nominated for the titles of FIFA Coach of the Year and Player of the Year.
The experts from the FIFA Commission for Women's Football and the FIFA Women's World Cup along with France Football have announced the list of nominated players for the FIFA 2013 Player of the Year and Coach of the Year.
In the latter category, OL coach Patrice Lair has been named, while two OL players are also in the running in the form of Japan's Saki Kumagai and Sweden's Lotta Schelin.
The list of nominees will be reduced to three in early December and on 13 January 2014 the winners will be announced in a gala ceremony at the Palais des Congrès in Zurich. For the men, the initial list of nominees will be announced on 29 October.
10 nominees for Player of the Year:
- Nadine Angerer (Germany)
- Nilla Fischer (Sweden)
- Lena Goessling (Germany)
- Saki Kumagai (Japan / OL)
- Marta (Brazil)
- Alex Morgan (USA)
- Yuki Ogimi (Japan)
- Lotta Schelin (Sweden / OL)
- Christine Sinclair (Canada)
- Abby Wambach (USA)
10 nominees for Coach of the Year:
- Gilles Eyquem (France / France U19 )
- Kenneth Heiner-Moller (Denmark / Denmark)
- Ralf Kellermann (Germany / VfL Wolfsburg)
- Shelley Kerr (Scotland / Arsenal Ladies FC)
- Patrice Lair (France / OL)
- Silvia Neid (Germany / Germany)
- Cindy Parlow Cone (USA / Portland Thorns FC)
- Even Pellerud (Norway / Norway)
- Anna Signeul (Sweden / Scotland)
- Pia Sundhage (Sweden / Sweden)