first team / Dynamo Kiev 0-3 OL

Reactions... réactions... réactions...

Published on the 17 October 2006 à 23:34 by SR & BV

Check out all the reactions to OL’s Group E trouncing of Dynamo Kiev in the Champions League...

Anthony Réveillère: It’s a good win and it feels good. This result means we’ve taken a big step towards qualifying and that’s what we came here for. Despite the cold and despite a tough opponent, we were patient and once again it was Juninho that unlocked the match. It was better to play this match now rather than in two months time because the cold could really have a played an important factor. At any rate, you have to adapt and deal with the conditions.
After the last goal, the Ukrainians didn’t stop playing, quite the opposite. In the end, we got the three points and qualification isn’t too far off now.
The team is full of confidence, both domestically and in Europe and that’s important.
And now? We’ll return nice and easy to Lyon and prepare for the weekend’s game against Marseille. They’ll want to get a good result against us and we will too, because we could open up a good gap to second with victory… Sunday’s game is perhaps a second Champions League match of the week…

Kim Källström: It was a good game for me. But the most important thing was to get all three points. Things are going pretty well for us at the moment in the Champions League. It’s great to score, especially when the goal comes at such an important moment. We came here looking for the win and now we’re not far off qualifying for the last 16.
Now we turn towards Sunday’s game against Marseille which will be a great game for everyone that loves football.

Gérard Houllier: Obviously we had a tough beginning because Dynamo had to throw everything at us tonight. But we remained calm and strong. When the opportunities presented themselves, we took the game beyong them. It was a good performance: powerful and rigorous. Now we’ve done 75% of the qualifying and we’ll get the remaining 25% at home next week.

Cris: Tonight we did the most important thing : brought home the three points and now we have nine. We still need three more, but we’ve got three games left including two at home. If we play like this for the remaining games we’ll make the last 16. Tonight I played in short sleeves like I’ve always done since I arrived at OL.
The match against Marseille will be difficult and complicated, but we’ll be playing to win. Rémy Vercoutre: I did play very well, just like the whole team. We were ready for a tough game but we were up for it and played good football. The positive thing about the evening was the win and the three points.
From a free-kick, Juninho made the breakthrough. He really can put the ball just where he wants to! From that point on, Dynamo were obliged to come at us which allowed us to score a couple more. Tonight, the Champions League experience we’ve gathered over the years really paid off.

Jérémy Toulalan: We played well an dit really wasn’t easy. With the cold and that Dynamo side that really battled, it was no walk in the park, but we didn’t slip up. The first 20 minutes were really tough but then the free-kick changed the game.
Marseille? Yes, but they’re not our only opponents, there are lots of teams waiting for us and we want to win them all. It won’t be easy against Marseille. But no match is ever easy. We just have to remain focused, like tonight.

François Clerc: Taking three points from Kiev in really hard conditions wasn’t easy. The biggest satisfaction after three Champions League matches is to have scored eight goals and not conceded any. We’re just missing one or two more points to be qualified and we’ll try and get them next week at home.
More news