From kick-off to the final whistle, Olympique Lyonnais totally dominated their UEFA Women's Champions League last-16 2nd leg clash against Atlético Madrid, running out 6-0 winners on the night and 9-1 on aggregate to qualify for the quarter-finals of the competition!
In a startling show of force, OL never gave their opponents a chance. Dominating from start to finish in every department, Les Olympiennes underlined their status as one of the favourites for the title.
- 71': Thomis rifles home goal number 6 from Necib's opening.
- 57': Thomis accelerates again and finds Hegerberg to make it 5-0; her 23rd of the campaign!
- 47': Schelin adds goal number four after great lead up play from Thomis.
Thomis comes on for Le Sommer.
OL have turned on the style in the first half, showing all their collective and individual talent and not offering Atlético even a look in...
- 45': a foul on Abily in the box and Kumagai converts the penalty. 3-0!
- 26': Schelin heads home goal number two from Abily's corner. It's her first goal in Europe this season.
- 22': Le Sommer picks out Abily who finds Schelin on the right flank. Her cross is headed home by Hederberg. Superb goal! 22nd goal of the season for the Norwegian striker!
- 7': Les Lyonnaises are dominating the opening exchanges and fired the first shot of the match via Abily, and the first on target courtesy of Majri.
The match began with a minutes silence in memory of the victims of last Friday's terrorist attacks in Paris; an emotional moment followed by the La Marseillaise.
After their 3-1 in Madrid, Les Lyonnaises already have one foot in the quarter-finals... Now they must finish the job. Bouhaddi, Renard and Bremer are all missing. Kaci starts the game at full-back in a 4-3-3 formation. Atlético have made five changes from the first leg with Sampedro returning.
Lyon, Stade de Gerland, 6,000 spectators; Referee: Ms Kateryna Monzul (UKR); OL 6-0 Atletico Madrid (H-T: OL 3-0 Atlético).
OL: Gerard – Kaci, Kumagai, Mbock, Majri – Henry (Lavogez 55'), Necib, Abily (c) - Schelin, Le Sommer (Thomis 46'), Hegerberg (D. Cascarino 65'). Coach: Gérard Prêcheur.
Atlético: Gallardo – Robles (D. Garcia 66'), Galvez, Tudela, Maria Leon, Meseguer, Angela Sosa, V. Garcia, Sampedro (c), Coronel (Esther 63'), Sonia (Rita 77'). Coach: Miguel Angel Sopuerta.
Goals: Hegerberg 22', 57', Schelin 25', 47', Kumagai pen. 45', Thomis 71'
- 15 shots for OL including 8 on target; 4 for Atlético including 2 on target.
- 6 corners to 1.
- 3 free-kick for OL and 8 for Atlético.
- 3 off-sides to 2.
- 3 decisive saves from Gérard